CARTA ECHE 2021-2027
The IES Maestrat has been awarded by the European Comission with the quality certificate for the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE 2021-2027)
ERASMUS POLICY STATEMENT
IES MAESTRAT of Sant Mateu is a secondary school located in Spain, in a rural area in the inner part of the Valencian Community. The population is aged and unemployment affects, above all, to younger people. Students do not consider job search mobilities as being an important factor to reverse this situation. But it is necessary to expand training and employment opportunities in the labour market of the European Union and associated countries as a way of widening students' professional, social and civic knowledge and skills.
On the other hand, the school teaching and non-teaching staff is only 30% stable. In order to attract professionals to our school and to improve their linguistic and professional skills, an internationalization strategy is necessary to continue the modernization process of our institution.
Therefore, since 2014, with the obtainment of the ECHE charter, we have done all the mobility courses and Etwinning projects and, currently, we are part of a consortium, together with other rural primary and secondary schools, coordinated by CEFIRE (the public regional body for teacher training).
As a result, by applying for a new ECHE charter for the period 2021-27, IES MAESTRAT aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To guarantee the professional and personal success of students graduated in the Higher Level of Business Administration and Finance Vocational Training.
- To disseminate among students learning and job market opportunities in the European Union and associated countries.
- To increase the language level of students and school staff, as well as widen their technical vocabulary.
- To improve the quality of teaching and associated management processes.
- To promote cooperative relationships with other schools and companies.
In order to achieve the objectives mentioned before, our school will apply for KA1 student mobility projects for internships and staff mobility ones for job shadowing and training, both in countries of the European Union and partners.
These actions are intended for students in the Higher Level of Business Administration and Finance Vocational Training, for the school administration staff, and for Vocational Training teachers of the departments of Administration and Management, Labour Training and Guidance, and English.
In the first month of the academic year (September), our organization appoints a coordinator of International Projects and another coordinator of Vocational Training. They always work in a coordinated way and their main functions are:
- Write and present projects to the educational community and on online platforms designed for this purpose.
- Plan the calendar, and the number and type of mobilities.
- Publicise the calls among all members of the educational community.
- Convene and coordinate the meetings of those responsible for selecting the applicants (Heads of departments and the Managing Team of the school)).
- Ensure the non-discrimination of the participants in the process, as well as guarantee the transparency of the selection procedure and the publicity of the dissemination of the actions of the Erasmus + programme.
- Establish contacts for the organization of the mobilities and plan the needs of language courses for the selected people, if applicable.
- Carry out the monitoring of the participants in the mobilities and process the recognition of credits and certificates.
- Design and organize promotion and dissemination activities of the Erasmus + programme and of the mobilities carried out.
- Disseminate the mobility activities carried out and the Erasmus + programme through the written and / or digital press, the website and social networks.
- Prepare an evaluation report of the internationalization activities done.
By carrying out the activities included in the KA1 lines of action, IES MAESTRAT will achieve the objectives of its strategy of internationalization and modernization of the school.
Thus, with the agreements obtained with partner companies and institutions thanks to the previous charter, we will facilitate students’ curricular internships (which can be validated with the Training module in workplaces, FCT, by the Ministry of Education). We will also continue offering students the possibility of doing an internship once they have graduated so that they can incorporate into their curriculum vitae their work experience accumulated in local companies and in companies abroad. This is intended to improve both students’ employability and their language skills in a foreign language.
The mobilities of the school staff are aimed at sharing and acquiring new work methodologies and incorporating other aspects of the curriculum and the didactic programme. They will also allow for establishing new collaboration agreements with other schools and companies, with the multiplier effect of contacts that this entails.
In order to assess the impact of our participation in the Erasmus + programme, the mobilities carried out will be analyzed through an evaluation report based on the following indicators:
- Achieving at least half of the EPS objectives by 2024.
- Percentage of mobilities carried out on the number of students and staff with possibilities of participating in the programme. Maintaining a level of not less than 5% between 2021-24 and reach 10% between 2025-27.
- Degree of satisfaction of the participants and host partners by conducting a survey (on a scale of 0 to 5, achieving more than 90% of responses between 4-5) when each mobility ends.
- Number of dissemination and promotion activities of the programmes carried out. Doing a minimum of 3 activities: presentation, monitoring and assessment of the activities done.
- Number of collaboration agreements between the school and its partners. Maintaining at least one annual collaboration with a European school / company between 2021-24, and doubling them between 2025-27.
On the submenus of European Prog tab, you have the summary information of the projects submitted and some photographs of the activities carried out.
For more information click here