MEYE (Mathematics in Early Years Education) is an Erasmus + KA203 project coordinated by CIFP Faitanar (Quart de Poblet). CEFIRE CTEM/ Conselleria d’Educació participates as a partner in the development of a Early Years Education teachers training course.
The goals of the project are:
- Improve the training that professionals in Early Years Education have about the area of mathematics and its didactics
- Develop innovative products to successfully address the teaching / learning of mathematics in Early Years Education and that are available for the educational community
- Encourage cooperation and joint work of different agents involved in Early Years Education: VET an HEI (High Education Institutions), nursery schools, universities and teacher training schools.
The stakeholders that is addressed to:
- Students of VET on Early Years Education with the purpose of improving their professional qualification to approach the treatment of the mathematics in their future jobs.
- Early Years Education children. MEYE will generate a methodology to introduce mathematics through playful and meaningful activities in nursery schools.
- Staff that currently works in nursery schools (practitioners and teachers) that will have a tool to improve the quality of their educational work and update their working skills.
The intellectual products that are looked for:
- MEYE CURRICULUM. An analysis and proposals for improvement in the field of mathematics will be made on the curricula of Early Childhood Education and VET on Early Years Education in Slovenia, Portugal and Spain
- MEYE TRAINING. A training program on mathematics and its didactic will be designed for professionals of Early Years Education and for teachers / students of VET on Early Years Education with the purpose of acquiring the basic notions about mathematics and its didactics.
- MEYE GUIDE Methodological guide to address mathematics in Early Years Education. This product will be the result of pilot tests carried out with children in the countries participating in the project. The guide will have two parts, a first section that will be general for all countries and a second section with specific indications according to the context and the educational reality of each country. In addition, it will be divided into stages (from 0 to 3 years and from 3 to 6 years) and then into ages within each stage. In addition to the globalized approach and the insertion of mathematics in the daily routine, the guide will add proposals for specific activities to reinforce the mathematical contents and it will clasify the proposals into mathematical contents and ages.
MEYE project website: http://www.meyeproject.com/
E+ Project Results platform: https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/projects/eplus-project-details/#project/2019-1-ES01-KA203-065986
- Spain: CIPFP FAITANAR, CONSELLERIA DE EDUCACIÓN, INNOVACIÓN, CULTURA Y DEPORTE (CEFIRE CTEM) and UNIVERSITAT DE VALÈNCIA
- Slovenia: GIMNASIJA CELJE-CENTRE
- United Kingdom: HIGH HOUSE NURSERY
- Portugal: AGRUPAMENTO DE ESCOLAS MARCELINO MESQUITA DO CARTAXO
- Poland: WARSOWA UNIVERSITY