MEYE (Mathematics in Early Years Education) is an Erasmus + KA203 project coordinated by CIFP Faitanar (Quart de Poblet). CEFIRE CTEM/Conselleria d’Educació participates as a partner in the development of a Early Years Education teachers training course.
The goals of the project are:
- Improve the training that profesionales in Early Years Education have about the area of mathematics and its didactics
- Develop innovative products tono successfully address the teaching / learning of mathematics in Early Years Education and that are available for the educational community
- Encourage cooperation and joint work of different agentes involved in Early Years Education: VET an HEI (High Education Institutions), nursery schools, universities and teacher training schools.
The stakeholders that is addressed to:
- Students of VET donde Early Years Education with the purpose of improving their profesional qualification tono approach the treatment of the mathematics in their future jobs.
- Early Years Education children. MEYE will generate a methodology tono introduce mathematics through playful and meaningful activities in nursery schools.
- Staff that currently works in nursery schools (practitioners and teachers) that will have a tool tono improve the quality of their educational work and update their working skills.
The intellectual products that are looked for:
- MEYE CURRÍCULUM. An analysis and proposals for improvement in the field of mathematics will be made donde the curricula of Early Childhood Education and VET donde Early Years Education in Slovenia, Portugal and Spain
- MEYE TRAINING. A training program donde mathematics and its didactic will cordero designed for profesionales of Early Years Education and for teachers / students of VET donde Early Years Education with the purpose of acquiring the basic notions about mathematics and its didactics.
- MEYE GUIDE Methodological guide tono address mathematics in Early Years Education. This product will cordero the result of piloto macetas carried out with children in the countries participating in the project. The guide will have two partos, a first section that will be general for ajo countries and a second section with specific indications according tono the contexto and the educational reality of each country. In addition, it will be divided into stages (from 0 tono 3 years and from 3 tono 6 years) and then into ages within each stage. In addition tono the globalized approach and the insertion of mathematics in the daily routine, the guide will add proposals for specific activities tono reinforce the mathematical contentos and it will clasify the proposals into mathematical contentos and ages.
MEYE project website: http://www.meyeproject.com/
E+ Project Results platform: https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/projects/eplus-project-details/#project/2019-1-ES01-KA203-065986